Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Hungover Weekend Update: Part One

I didn't know if I was going to make it through this excursion my mom sent me on; she insisted she needed shrimp from the good supermarket.

We were having my grandparents over for dinner Sunday and if it wasn't bad enough that she woke me up with the loud sound of the vacuum going, she also began yelling my name around ten.

"Caroline!" I heard from the hallway. My head was pounding and the smell of her cleaning supplies only made it worse.

"Enough sleeping," she said as soon as she opened my bedroom door. She proceeded to ramble off a list of things she needed to get done that day and I let out a sigh.

I still can't believe how much I drank Saturday night. Scott, Anna, Martin, and I all decided to hang out and watch college football. This was obviously at the suggestion of the boys. Anna and I hung out beforehand to get ready together. I also wanted to get updated information about her and Martin.

"He's nice," she said, the way she would also describe her neighbor's strange dog. "I just don't think I want a boyfriend, you know? I really like being alone."

"Anna, having a boyfriend isn't like giving birth to triplets," I teased. "You'll still have plenty of time to be alone."

Anna shrugged. "I know, I know. I guess we'll see." I could tell she just wasn't that into him.

We went to Martin's house and began playing a drinking game that involved first downs, touch downs, penalties, and lots of other football landmarks. The night started to get blurry around 10, but I can distinctly remember sloppily making out with Scott, getting picked up by my sister, and eating Taco Bell.

Saturday night was actually the second night in a row that Scott and I hung out. There wasn't a gray cloud in sight and I felt oddly optimistic about things. Friday night, he asked if I wanted to hang out at his house, order in food, and watch a movie. I was a little nervous but I agreed. We all know what "watch a movie" means. He seemed like a really stand up guy and I don't know, something in my gut told me he would respect me more if I didn't sleep with him right away. We had been on a couple of dates so I figured I could give in just a little. So that's exactly what I did.

When I arrived, Scott opened the door in a nice pair of gray sweatpants. I could tell they were designer, but I had no idea what brand. They were paired with a Hanes white crew neck shirt. He smelled good. He had definitely just got out of the shower and I could even smell that he had just used mouth wash. So sexy.

"Hey," I softly said. He always brought out my timid side.

"Hey, yourself," he said back with a smile that made me melt. "I'm glad you're here. I'm starving! How does sushi sound?"

"Heavenly," I said as I looked around his place. He lived with his parents but they were away for a few days. He had a modest sized house but everything inside was obviously new, unlike my house which hadn't been updated in years.

We ordered sushi from a place near his house and since they had a ridiculously long delivery time, Scott asked if we could take the ride to pick it up. I wasn't thrilled to be venturing out in the cold, but it clearly wasn't anything I dared to complain about.

Once we got back, we talked about our weeks over spicy tuna rolls and miso soup. Scott was fidgeting a little bit, which is very out of character for him. It made me begin to wonder if something was on his mind.

Almost immediately upon finishing, Scott got to his feet and began cleaning up the table. I got up to start helping me and he put his hand on my shoulder. "No, you just sit there and look pretty. I got this." With that, he kissed my forehead and walked into the other room with our dirty plates.

I sat back and let out a sigh. I wasn't overly full, which was good since I didn't want to feel bloated as Scott and I "watched a move," whatever that would inevitably entail.

Scott was back within a few minutes. I was just about to ask him what he wanted to do next when he leaned down next to me and kissed me. Hard.

I slowly stood up as I kissed him back, attempting to match his intensity. He placed his hands on the sides of my face, while somehow guiding me to his bedroom. The room was immaculate and I wondered if it was always like that or if he cleaned it for me. I didn't think about it much, though, because at that moment Scott reached at the bottom of my shirt and guided it over my head.

"Hey," I reluctantly interrupted. "I just, um, want to take things a little slow. You know?" The truth was I wanted him inside me more than anything, but this was the first time we would do anymore than kiss and I didn't want to jump right to the end.

"Of course," Scott said with a look that resembled guilt in his eyes. That was the last thing I wanted him to feel.

I got on my tippy toes and whispered in his ear. "But I want to make you feel good." Once I leaned back down and looked him in the eyes, I saw the intensity reappear.

I reached my arms around Scott's neck and lightly guided him back onto the bed. I reached for his sweatpants and began teasing him when my heart stopped. I had just heard a door slam.

A woman's voice loudly made its way from the living room. "Scott? Are you home?"

4 comments:

  1. Oh, no. Please let that be just a friend, cousin, mom, or anyone else that isn't his current or ex gf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister....has to be a sister...mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris - @nylonlover69 on TwitterNovember 12, 2014 at 8:12 AM

    Uh oh... talk about feeling like you were in high school...

    but yeah, sister home from college... Grandma (ugh, lol)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait, his parents are out of town so.. maybe a relative or neighbor?

    ReplyDelete