Friday, November 14, 2014

Hungover Weekend Update: Part Two

Scott's eyes got big and I don't think I've ever seen him look that shocked. He shot off the bed and began fixing his sweatpants. I went and grabbed my shirt from the floor. Once it was on, I was proper to face whatever stranger was lingering.

"Who is that?" I quietly asked. Nobody lived with Scott besides his parents and they were away. Could they have come back early? Even if they did, the voice sounded like it belonged to a younger woman.

"Jenna," Scott replied and I swear my heart sank. Scott wasn't looking at me as he slipped a pair of sneakers on. When I didn't say anything for a few seconds, he looked up at me. "Fuck, no," he began when he saw my blank express. "Not that Jenna, my sister. My sister's name is also Jenna."

I let out a sigh and dramatically clutched my chest. We smiled at each other. Scott walked over and grabbed my hand. "This might get a little intense. Can you handle that?"

"What do you mean?" I curiously asked.

"My sister's a little, well," he began as he scrunched up his face, trying to search for a delicate word. "Assertive," he finally landed on.

"Oh, boy," I replied. He grabbed my hand and guided me out of his bedroom.

"Jenna," Scott said with clearly fake enthusiasm. "What're you doing home?"

Jenna stared at Scott, then back at me in silence, and then back at Scott again. Scott and Jenna were clearly siblings, with similar cheekbones and lips, but Jenna did not have manly features. She was short, petite, and was rocking an unnatural blonde messy bun on the top of her head. She looked about twenty-years-old.

"Can't I come home for a weekend?" She asked with her hands on her hips.

"Of course," Scott said. He seemed to be getting annoyed, but was maintaining his composure. It was actually really sexy. "But why would you come home on a weekend when you know mom and dad are away? You're not planning on having a party are you?"

"No," she responded. "But it seems you're treating this place like a frat house."

Wow, Scott wasn't kidding when he said his sister was "assertive." The conversation between these two had been so intense, I didn't blame Scott for neglecting to introduce me. With Jenna's comment, though, I suddenly felt like I was in middle school and a boy's mom caught us making out. I grabbed my left elbow with my right hand as I tried to disappear.

"Jenna," Scott sternly responded. "This is Caroline. She's my girlfriend."

Girlfriend? Was I Scott's girlfriend? I made a mental note to jump up and down with my friends once I wasn't in the line of fire.

"Whatever," Jenna said, instead of congratulating us. "I'm going to take a shower and head out."

While Jenna basically ignored my existence, I made sure to call out, "nice to meet you" as she pranced down the hall.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for not leaving is hanging! Hope you can chill now and get over your stressful week... It's that time of year everyone's got so much going on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for understanding! I'm hoping most of my comments are as positive as this one! I hate to disappoint, but I hope I please most people by at least filling everyone in on the mysterious voice.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad it was his sister and not someone else. Looking forward to the next post and hope you get some stress relief this weekend!

    http://jocelynseverydayjourneys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. No offense because I like your blog. However, you could've written this in your last post. I'm sorry you had a stressful week and couldn't write much. I would've preferred you to skip a post and provide something with more substance. I keep trying to get into your blog but i feel that your posts drag. Like one date takes three posts and two out of the three are filler'ish. Many others feel different. I don't know. SO we know it's Scott's sister, that's nice. But you could've wrote two sentences in your last post instead of the cliffhanger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No offense to you either, but I didn't like this paragraph. It lacked substance and just criticized too much. Yeah, maybe the post was short today, and maybe some posts weren't at the level of Stephen King, but you know what? It's pretty great and it wouldn't kill you to have a little sympathy for the author when she says she's been really stressed out. Why would she want to read a comment like this today?

      Delete
    2. Maybe instead of commenting on my comment you should talk about the post. I did show sympathy, maybe you should re-read my original comments before putting words in my mouth. I said that instead of writing a post when you're stressed, why not skip a post and then write when you can. I'm entitled to my opinion just like you are.

      Delete
    3. Thank you both for your input!

      Kristina, I'm sorry you were disappointed with my choice. I felt like people would've rather a short post than no post. I know my posts are shorter than other blogs and its definitely criticism I understand. All I can say is I try my best to write as much as possible, but it's difficult for me. I wish I could write faster or had more time but I do the best with what I have. I hope you continue to read and enjoy the blog :)

      Anonymous, thank you for defending me! I did put the author's note because I figured people might think I was just being lazy. I was close to not posting, but decided to type something out as my eyes struggled to stay open. Thanks for the support! I truly appreciate it :)

      Delete
  4. Caroline-
    Although this post was short, I still greatly enjoyed it. I feel you made the right decision by posting this one today. I can almost guarantee the the people saying you should have skipped this post and written a longer one for a later date, probably would have criticized you for skipping today's post. You can never win! Lol. You just keep doing what you're doing and your loyal readers will continue following you!

    Thank you for taking time out of your incredibly busy and stressful week to write us a FREE (just in case people forgot that point), entertaining blog! It is greatly appreciated by me and I always look forward to reading your posts!

    Thanks again,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! It's honestly posts like this that keep me motivated to continue blogging :). Thanks for understanding!

      Delete
  5. I just found your blog a couple days ago and read it all, from start to finish, this weekend! I'm already sad that I don't have another post to read. :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I love getting new readers! I hope you continue to enjoy the posts :)

      Delete
  6. A short post is better than nothing! :)
    I really think people underestimate how long it can take to write these story lines, especially when the ideas just aren't flowing. Plus, these are more of a hobby so it's totally understandable to put your school/work/family & friends first!! I always love your posts, and I am really liking Scott and Caroline together!

    - http://lifebysarahxo.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the support! Let's see how Scott works out :-p

      Delete