Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween Party

I pulled my sister's Ugg boots up over my black leggings before standing up to get the door. Darlene did an awesome job on her vampire costume. Anna looked good, too, in her Rosie the Riveter costume.


"You killed it," Darlene said to me.



"Thanks!" I exclaimed. I have to admit, I was impressed with myself. I came up with the idea to be a "basic bitch" a few days before Halloween. In addition to the Uggs and leggings, I was sporting a white t-shirt with a bunch of odd number stickers and holding an old Starbucks cup.

"I don't get the shirt, though," Anna said.


I pulled at the bottom to display it more clear. "I can't even," I replied. It took another couple of seconds before Anna cocked her head back and laughed.

"Oh," she replied. "Clever!"


Scott's friend was having a costume party on Halloween. He invited me and told me to "bring whoever." Anna already knew about the party through Martin, but I invited Jessica and Darlene also. Jessica wasn't feeling well so she wasn't going to make it.

To my surprise (but delight), the party was bumpin' when we arrived. I figured most people would just be arriving, but when Scott came outside to greet us, he was also carrying out a huge bag of empty beer cans.

"Land mines is getting intense in there," he laughed. I involuntarily grimaced. The idea of that drinking game made my stomach squirm.


"Don't worry. You don't have to play," Scott said as he enveloped me in a bear hug. He said hello to Anna and Darlene and walked us in.

Scott was dressed like a wrestler from the 90s and when I saw the rest of his friends in similar outfits, the costume seemed even cooler. I could tell a lot of coordination went into the process.


We drank in the kitchen with all of Scott's close friends as they told animated stories about past Halloweens. I learned that one year, when Scott was in college, he almost got into a gang fight because he was painted blue like a smurf.


"I'm not going to lie," he began. "I was pretty fucking terrified."

"I bet!" I exclaimed. "You were a frat boy about to get murdered in a gang fight."

"Were you Papa Smurf?" Anna asked as she sipped her gin.

"Nah, just a regular one," he casually replied. I took a sip of my beer and looked over at Anna to check her body language. She didn't seem to be acting too flirty, so I just crossed my fingers that she didn't get too drunk and change her tone. I figured since Martin was right next to her, she couldn't really cross the line too much.

Darlene and I decided to play a round of beer pong against Scott and a random college friend of his. We were pathetically behind and about to lose when Anna came over to me, gin in hand.

"So, do you mind if I go upstairs with Martin?" she loudly whispered in my ear. My eyes widened and I caught Scott furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you going to do up there, little lady?" I asked with a smile. Anna wiggled her eyebrows at me. "Okay, are you sure you're not too drunk?" I asked.

"No, I barely drank anything," she replied and I could tell she was basically sober.

I looked over at Scott. He was so damn hot, even with his ridiculous costume on, and I was really glad with how things were going at this point. I know I kind of made a thing out of asking Anna not to sleep with Martin right away, but Scott knew me a little better now. I figured Anna's actions would no longer influence his perception of me anymore.

"Have fun," I replied.

Anna scurried off and within minutes, Scott sunk the last cup. Darlene and I dramatically sighed but the truth was, neither of us cared.

Scott came over to me and gave me a hug. "How does it feel to hug a winner?" he asked.

I laughed into his chest. "Amazing," I said.

He laughed. "Well, I didn't just win at beer pong. I got the prettiest girl to come to this party for me." I felt a flutter in my stomach. There were a lot of girls at the party and most of them had sexy costumes, so it made me feel good to be told I was the "prettiest girl" at the party.

"So, what's going on with Martin and Anna?" Scott quietly asked me.

I let go of our embrace and innocently shrugged. "How would I know?" I asked before smiling with guilt.

"Good for them," he replied without addressing my fib. "Come on, let's head back to my friends."

We walked over to Scott's friends where Darlene was talking to one that I didn't recognize, but he was totally her type. They seemed to be really hitting it off so I didn't intrude.

Anna eventually came downstairs and she looked pretty sleepy. She insisted that they actually fell asleep after fooling around for a little bit and I believed her because they were literally upstairs for almost three hours while the rest of us drank beer, played some drinking games, and ordered Dominos.

The friend Darlene was talking to hadn't been drinking and offered to drive us all home around two when Darlene insisted that she had to be up early for a family engagement. Scott was going to crash at the friend's place, so he walked me out and gave me a passionate kiss in front of everybody. I was ready to rip off his clothes right there, but I restrained myself (but kicked myself for it). I truly don't know if I could've asked for a better Halloween with a guy who I kind of, sort of, really like. I went home and passed out until about noon the next day.

7 comments:

  1. Chris - @nylonlover69 on TwitterNovember 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM

    Since you're a runner, I bet your legs and ass look great in those leggings!

    Nice post. Wish you and Scott could have had a bit more "alone" time, but maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'll definitely give you guys a steamy post soon!

      Delete
  2. ha I'm with Anna. It took me a while to realize what the shirt meant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't get it..... :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness someone explain the shirt please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris - @nylonlover69 on TwitterNovember 7, 2014 at 5:23 AM

      it's all odd numbers. no "even" numbers. So she can't even... #whitegirlproblems

      Delete
  5. Haha, yes I'm sorry that I didn't explain the shirt more! That was actually really my costume for a Halloween pub crawl and while most people didn't get it from afar, it was a good conversation starter ;) and once people got it, they laughed!

    Like Chris said, it was all odd numbers so when someone would ask, I'd say "I can't even," even though it translates more into "I can't have even numbers." Hope that makes sense, lol

    ReplyDelete