Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I'm always like this

I was shimmying into my black skinny jeans when I heard a text message alert on my phone. I cursed myself for not being ready since I knew it was probably Jessica saying she was outside. I guess I could put my make up on in the car.


Darlene was getting over Mono and Anna has a bachelorette party for one of her work friends, so when I texted them all to see who was available to come with me and Scott's friends to a nearby ale house, Jess was the only taker.

We obviously had to go somewhere that they were airing the fight and I was less than enthusiastic about this because I knew the place was going to be packed. I'd get to eat and drink, though, so did I really care that much? Nope.

I was so excited to see Scott that I tried to channel my analytical mind to get through the maze of people that were already crowding the bar to get to him.

"Hey, babe," Scott greeted me, throwing his arm around me and kissing me on the side of my head. If it weren't for him calling me 'babe,' I wouldn't be able to tell if I was his girlfriend or little sister.

He waved to Jess and introduced her to his few friends who she hadn't met yet. Even though I hadn't had in depth conversations with all of them, I had met them at one time or another at this point.

After a relatively short amount of time, a waitress came over and I quickly ordered nachos along with a pitcher of beer while I had the chance.

"So why is this fight such a big deal?" I heard Jessica ask Martin. He began explaining it to her in way more depth than necessary.

"Looks like Martin and Jessica are getting along," I casually whispered to Scott. He quietly chuckled to himself and shook his head. "What?" I pressed, sensing there was something he wasn't telling me.

"Well, Martin told me they've been texting," Scott replied. "I assumed you knew?"

I shook my head. Nope. Jessica hadn't mentioned anything to me. I had noticed them talking at the beer garden more than usual, but I wondered why Jessica wouldn't have told me they exchanged numbers. Maybe she didn't want any of us to know because she didn't want Anna knowing? I mean, I didn't think Anna would care, since her and Martin were both clear about how casual their relationship was, but knowing Jess, she would not want any of us knowing she was interested in any of Anna's sloppy seconds. Still, I was kind of hurt that Jess wouldn't tell me.

I shrugged. "Nope," I replied. "Anyway, I'm really excited for next weekend. I ordered a new bikini for the hot tub."

Scott kissed my cheek. "I can't wait to take it off of you," he whispered to me and I felt myself get excited at the thought. Scott had told me to check my email after I told him about my research day award, so when I checked a few hours later I wasn't super surprised to see a message from him. I was surprised at the content, though; it was an internet deal he found for a hotel in the Poconos. The subject read, "What do you think?" Later he told me he's been wanting to do something special for my graduation, especially since I won that award, and I couldn't think of a better gift than a weekend with Scott all to myself. If he tries to make me watch any sports games while we're there though, I might go hang out with a squirrel instead.

The rest of the evening was pretty uneventful. I talked to a few of Scott's friends and got to know them better. The fight was a let down and I knew it must've been really bad because even I could tell. I was pretty tipsy by the time we left, so maybe I wasn't a reliable source.

I asked Jessica if it was okay if I left with Scott instead of her. "Yeah," she casually replied. "Martin and I might head to a diner, anyway." I instinctually raised my eyebrows at her. As far as she knew, I knew nothing about them becoming friendlier. "We're just hungry," she continued.

"Have fun!" I replied. I really didn't have any problem with Jessica hanging out with Martin. In a weird way, they might actually work. Jessica just has this way of hiding things from us and it kind of makes me feel like she doesn't trust me. Oh, well.

When we got back to Scott's house and into his room, I immediately began clawing at him like a cat. Instead of mirroring my enthusiasm, Scott began to laugh. "What's gotten into you?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you mean? I'm always like this." Whenever I initiated sex, Scott would act like it was completely out of character. We were still in our honeymoon phase and the sex was still really exciting.

"Caroline, it's almost 3," Scott replied changing the subject. "So I'm going to cuddle you. Hard." He slipped off his shoes as he winked at me.

Is there any worse feeling than throwing yourself at your boyfriend and being rejected? Is sleep really better than me? Oh, who am I kidding? Sleep is the best.

So, that's what we did. Sleeping next to Scott in his kind sized bed always felt nice. I would wake up earlier than him and nuzzle up on his chest. Then we'd stay in bed talking and having sex. Then we'd go to breakfast or order food in. Sundays were my favorite day with Scott. Neither of us worried about any responsibilities. We just enjoyed each other.

The sun came in through the window the next morning and I decided to wake Scott up in a special way. He didn't protest at all.

9 comments:

  1. I don't know, I'm just really not feeling Scott. he treats Caroline like a child and doesn't let her be herself. maybe he's too boring or too mature but I think Caroline can find better. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, R!

      Delete
    2. Good point, Reese (And Anonymous). Never saw it that way!

      Delete
  2. I definitely see your point Reese, and that may be true. However, I also think Scott is content in the relationship as it's moving out of the honeymoon phase for him and into something more content in his view of intimacy? Regardless, Caroline should speak up if she has any concerns on Scott.

    As always great writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, even though her and Scott have been together a while, I don't think we know enough about him yet. Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
    2. No offense Caroline. We haven't learned much about Scott because you took a hiatus and then when you returned Caroline was in a serious relationship. I don't know what to think about Scott or even Caroline.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for your thoughts, Britney! I have been thinking about ways to show Scott's personality more so I hope you are happy with future posts :)

      Delete
  3. I was sipping some water and practically shot some through my nose when i read about "hanging out with a squirrel", damn you :'D, don't know why i found it so funny, LOL

    ReplyDelete