Wednesday, May 20, 2015

We had plenty of issues

"Heykw"

"Are you up?"

Two texts. Both sent within seconds of each other. Both sent from the same stupid individual.

Moose. I hadn't even talked to him in weeks, but of course he decides that the perfect time to text me would be on a Saturday night while I was away having a romantic weekend with my boyfriend. What were those text messages about anyway? He knew I was with Scott. And wasn't he with Beth? Of course, while Scott was in the shower Sunday morning I checked Facebook to see if I had missed a change in relationship status.

I had trouble sleeping that night. I didn't even care what was going on in Moose's mind or why he sent the messages. I was just wondering if Scott had seen them and if that was the reason he suddenly wasn't in the mood to have sex with me.

The reason this irritated me so much was because this is not the first time Moose has potentially had some sort of influence in my relationship. He used to flirt with me in front of Mike, my first boyfriend, and it actually caused issues. Don't get me wrong, we had plenty of issues. I definitely wouldn't say Moose was the reason we broke up or anything, but it still kind of bothers me that he never really seemed to respect what Mike and I had, which Mike noticed. If you can't tell, this is something I never really got over.

It's also a main reason why I could never really see myself dating Moose. A lot of my friends would make jokes about how Moose and I would end up together. You know the deal; two best friends of the opposite sex spend years as 'just friends' before realizing that they belong together. Yeah, that wasn't going to happen with me and Moose. I mean, if I harbor this resentment towards him, how would I ever be able to seriously date him?

Anyway, it's been over a week since Scott and I had our weekend together. I'm still just as clueless as to whether he saw the text or not as I was that night. The important thing is that if Scott did see it, he's over it now. Sunday morning we woke up and it was like nothing had happened. Maybe he really didn't see it? It is possible that he was just tired. It's unfortunately happened before and it's making me wonder if maybe I'm just bad in bed. Nah, that can't be it!

Last Friday, my friends and I were all going to a bar for a friend's birthday. I actually hesitated going, especially with Scott, because I knew Moose would be there. Then I realized I was being silly. I was also kind of surprised that Moose didn't send me any follow up texts because whenever he used to drunk text me like that, he'd send me an apology in the morning. 

Even though it was still a little chilly out, I wore a shirt dress and some black wedges. I told Scott I'd pick him up so he could feel free to drink as much as he wanted and I didn't have to worry about a hangover the next morning. When Scott got in the car, he kissed me on the cheek and I could smell a faint hint of beer in his breathe.

"Already drunk?" I asked as I put my car into drive.

"Of course not, babe," he replied as he leaned back in his chair. "Just had a couple beers with my dad while watching the game."

I changed the subject, not even caring about what game he was referring to, and asked him how work had been. He let out a sigh as he began to tell me about a dilemma in his department.

"Joel actually mentioned that he's going to be looking for a roommate in July," Scott said. "I was thinking about looking at the place."

My heart skipped a beat. He threw this sentence in like it wasn't a big deal. "You're ready to move out?" Scott and I had both talked about how moving out was in our respective futures, but this was the first time Scott made a definitive statement about it. Even though we hadn't had any discussions about moving in together, I was still hopeful that if we were both ready to move out at the same time, we'd consider it and since I was graduating this month, I was hoping that a move out date was in my near future, as well.

"I think," Scott replied. "Can't hurt to take a look anyway. I'm tired of the commute." I always figured Scott would move into Manhattan, since he works there, but I wasn't so sure. I didn't know where I'd get a job and that would influence where I looked for an apartment.

Scott and I have been dating for a while now, a little over six months, but it was still too early to make too many life decisions around each other. "Cool," I simply responded as I bit my lip. "Well, let me know how you like it!" I tried to sound as carefree as possible about the idea of having to take a train every time I wanted to see him.

As for the outing itself, nothing really exciting happened. But yes, Moose was there. With Beth. I quickly greeted them with Scott when they first arrived and then kind of avoided them for the rest of the night. It totally wasn't intentional. I swear! In all seriousness, a lot of my friends that I hadn't seen in a while were there and it was fun to talk to them. Scott seemed to be having a good time, too. He didn't seem phased by Moose's presence at all, which I took as a good sign that even if he saw the text messages, they weren't bothering him, at least not anymore.

11 comments:

  1. Please communicate with Scott. You spend so much time wondering and worrying. He might appreciate it. mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! There does tend to be some excessive worry building up.

      Delete
  2. Chris - @nylonlover69 on IG/TwitterMay 20, 2015 at 12:58 PM

    I agree with Mum that you since you are still in a knot about it, you should mention it to Scott and tell him you wondered if that was why he changed his mind about getting busy that night. And if he did, suggest that maybe you and Beth are back to back in Moose's contacts list and he probably hit the wrong person when he started his drunk text and was too embarrassed to apologize (or never noticed).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, their names are alphabetically close together! And open communication is always better.

      Delete
  3. I thought this blog was fictional, but it feels like it has taken a realistic turn. Can you clarify?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the confusion! The blog is fictional but I base characters and situations on my personal experiences. I also try to write it in a way that feels real. But the bottom line is it is still fictional because I characters and situations around! Thanks for asking :)

      Delete
  4. Ugh. I am just not feeling Scott. It just doesn't feel like there's any chemistry or security. I feel like Caroline is always questioning his feelings and intentions and that is not the groundwork for a good relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liv - I agree, but is that because of her insecurities and lack of communicating? If so, every guy is going to seem that way. mum

      Delete
    2. You both have good points! Is it Caroline? Is it Scott? I hope you guys enjoy where things go with them and thank you for your comments!

      Delete
  5. I don't get why Scott would be mad about those texts. They're from a guy friend and said nothing bad. Caroline needs to not stress so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IDK that she necessarily thinks he's mad, but rather suspicious. Maybe - it's just an awkward situation. Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete