Friday, May 15, 2015

Poconos: Part Two

"You need to follow through with the swing, but watch your feet."


I was not being the best student for Scott. Golfing is hard. I always figured it couldn't be that hard to hit a tiny ball with a decent sized, metal rod but hitting it was hard enough. Then you had to worry about it going where you wanted. I thought golf was something people did when they retired. Shouldn't that mean it's easy?

"Scott, you're telling me so many different things. When I try to get one thing down, you give me something else to think about!" I was growing frustrated, but I was actually really enjoying Scott trying his hardest to teach me.

Scott ran his hand through his hair from the back to the front; a mannerism I noticed him doing when he was acutely stressed out. "I know, Caroline," he said after sighing. His mouth curled into a half smile. "You're doing great. Just try to stay focused."

I began twirling the iron around on the ground. "I am so focused," I joked with him. To be completely honest, I was getting antsy. I enjoyed learning the basics of golf, for the first hour or so, but there was only so much I could learn in a day and I was getting bored.

I continued to try to golf and Scott luckily stopped giving me as many pointers. Maybe he finally realized I was a lost cause. He was an even better golfer than I thought he was, though, so I was pretty impressed watching him.

"Let's grab ice cream," Scott said once we finished the course. My eyes almost bugged out of my head as I rapidly nodded my head.

"Yes, please!"

We found a nice place that had all the basic flavors, but they were homemade. I got mint chocolate chip and Scott got strawberry.

"Strawberry," I repeated after he ordered. "I didn't realize I was dating an elementary school child."

"You bite your tongue, little lady," Scott replied. "Strawberry is a classic. When was the last time you had strawberry?"

I shrugged. As soon as the middle aged woman with red hair passed him his ice cream cone, he placed it in front of my face before taking a bite. "Tell me it's not good and I'll buy you dinner."

I rolled my eyes. As if he didn't know he was already buying me dinner. I waited to have a taste of my cone and awkwardly licked the top of his ice cream as he tried to hold it as steady as possible.

"Okay," I nodded as I wiped my mouth. "It's actually a lot better than I remember."

"See, Caroline? Sometimes you just have to give things a chance."

We went on a hike shortly after that and ordered room service for dinner. It was really an amazing weekend. Scott and I were getting along so well. I guess we're still in the honeymoon phase but I really can't imagine things getting worse. I guess there's always that possibility, though.

If I had to give the weekend a grade, it would definitely get an A, but because of one little incident, I wouldn't be able to give it a 100. It would still get an A, but probably a 98 percent.

After the long day Scott and I had, I was still excited for the end of the day. The whole day was like dragged out foreplay. Every meaningful look. Every playful word. Once we were done eating, we began kissing. We usually don't kiss for that long before the clothes start coming off, but we both seemed to hold the understanding that tonight, we'd take our time. Neither of us were rushing through this. You know when you've been with someone a long time and you almost forget what that person's kiss actually feels like. Focusing back on this basic sign of affection was really hot.

Anyway, we slowly began peeling back layers of clothing, but the defining word here is 'slowly.' There was just no rush. I was reminded of the first time I saw him without his shirt on and the first time I reached for his waist, heart pounding, to take off his pants.

At one point, Scott was sitting upward and I was straddling him, now in my bra and underwear. He was only in his boxers as he began kissing my neck. I almost couldn't take it anymore when I realized that I had to pee. I didn't want to stop, right when things were getting good, but I also know how biology works. I couldn't postpone the act for too much longer.

"I'll be just a minute," I whispered in his ear, as if that would preserve the moment. I peeled myself off of him as he softly groaned. I scurried to the bathroom and tried to be as efficient as possible. I walked out and slowly tip toed to the bed. "So," I began as I lifted my right leg and put my knee onto the bed. "Where were we?"

Scott softly smiled at me. "Come back here," he said. He was now sitting against the headboard and he put his arm out, waiting for me to come sit next to him.

I hobbled over to him on my knees until I was able to sit next to him. I laid my head against his chest and breathed in his scent. "You smell so good," I said before I began lightly kissing his chest. I slightly shifted my body so I was facing him and began rubbing his leg. 

"Babe, do you mind if we call it a night. I'm pretty beat."

Was he serious? Weren't we going somewhere before I went to the bathroom. We were super active all day, though. I couldn't deny that I was tired, too. Still, why was he rejecting me?

Then, it made sense. After Scott fell asleep and I picked up my phone, it made sense.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it a text from your ex!? Why would that have killed the mood so much though? And what would be his excuse last time it happened?! Something just does not seem right lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it hasn't been twice in a row, but two rejections nonetheless.

      Delete
  3. I bet it was a text from the ex. the guy she met for pizza maybe? (I forgot his name)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris - @nylonlover69 on IG/TwitterMay 19, 2015 at 5:59 AM

    I have to say the same thing I just posted over at disfunctionaldatingdiary...

    I feel like Sara (without the h) when I say “Ew!”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recently found your blog and I LOVE IT! It took me 2 days to catch up from the beginning and now I wish I had been slower so I didn't have to wait for a new post!! Thanks for all the work you put into it and I can't wait to see what happens next!

    I blog about Lifetime movies and ridiculous TV shows lol, check it out if you're interested! :-)

    http://itwasthemistress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I love hearing this! I'm glad you've enjoyed all my posts :) And I will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete