Friday, August 29, 2014

Moose and Justin

I turned on my heel in one swift motion to face Justin. "Hey, babe," I said as I threw my arms around his neck and planted a kiss on his lips. He hesitantly kissed me back. I could see his eyes were on Moose as I set my feet fully back on the ground. He repeated his question.

"Nothing, I just went to my car to get my sweater. This is my friend, Moose. Moose, this is Justin."

Moose stuck out his hand and Justin reluctantly shook it. This was so not how I wanted them introduced to each other.

Moose mumbled something that sounded like 'nice to meet you' and walked back towards the backyard.

I looked at Justin and smiled. I didn't know what it looked like to him, but Moose was really just talking to me. Sure, he was asking me why we never dated or anything, but it's not like he was trying to kiss me. Even if he did try to kiss me, I obviously wouldn't have. "So what're you doing here?" I curiously asked.

Justin shrugged. "People were starting to leave and I figured it'd be nice to stop by here. You apparently weren't expecting me."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Nothing was going on, Justin."

"It didn't really look that way," he replied. He didn't raise his voice or look upset. It was a little eery how calm he was considering I could tell he was angry with me.

I took a deep breathe before speaking. I knew it was best to simply tell Justin about Moose. After all, I couldn't change the way Moose acted and I'd want to know if one of Justin's girl friends had a crush on him.

I quickly briefed him on what Moose was saying to me and told him that sometimes when he gets really drunk, he tends to open up too much. "I swear to you, I was just trying to shut him up and go back to the yard. Do you want to head back there now?"

Justin looked at the ground and shrugged. "I don't know. This is a lot to process right now."

I moved closer to Justin. I felt so terrible. I didn't want him to think I was trying to hide anything from him. It just didn't seem necessary to bring up. "You know, last time I even saw Moose he told me he was happy for me and couldn't wait to meet you. I'm sure you guys will get along great."

"Yeah, we have something in common," he replied, looking me in the eye. I saw a slight smirk on his face and I could tell he was at least trying to be okay with the situation.

After some pushing, Justin agreed to go with me into the backyard. We avoided Moose but besides that, the night was really fun.

I'm so tired of these misunderstandings with Justin. I just hope for smooth sailing from here on out.

15 comments:

  1. you need to talk to Justin about his security issues. seriously I wouldn't be putting up with that. its like he doesn't trust you and youve given him no reason not to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think there's a lot more to Justin's character that is yet to come out.

      Delete
  2. How does it feel Caroline to have someone jump to conclusions about your actions. At least you had the chance to explain. Alan didn't. Everyone wants Caroline and it's getting old. In don't see the chemistry between her and Justin and quite frankly holier than though attitude the past few weeks is off putting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This definitely shows the power of point of view! However, I think Alan had an opportunity since Caroline didn't go directly to Jackie.

      Delete
  3. Chris - @nylonlover69 on TwitterAugust 29, 2014 at 8:07 AM

    Glad Justin agreed to go into the party. Gotta admit I was thinking he was acting a bit like a douche.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, his trust issues can make him act a bit rude, but I think it's cool he agreed to go to the party!

      Delete
  4. justin overreacted in my opinion. I'm glad they worked it out, but I see this relationship ending soon :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pivotal point in their relationship. We'll have to see if things end up working out!

      Delete
  5. I'm actually not liking Justin much here either...I wonder if there's anything but a break-up coming...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justin needs to RELAX and believe her until she gives him a reason not to believe her!! Dang he'll push her away and I kinda like Justin sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Like self righteous Caroline gives anyone the benefit of the doubt? You reap what you sow.

      Delete
    2. Danielle - It's probably tough for him if he's been burned in relationships before. We'll have to see what happens for them!

      Anonymous - I'm sorry you don't like Caroline! Maybe that can change with future posts.

      Delete
  7. I feel like considering how concerned Caroline was about Alan cheating, Justin should KNOW that she would never do that. lol But I like where your story is going. I always look forward to your updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an excellent point! And thank you for your kind words :)

      Delete