Thursday, July 27, 2017

Sauvignon Blanc

I was lying on the couch in my apartment watching television and eating pretzels when I heard my phone buzz. Tom and I had been texting back and forth a bit about our days, so I figured it was him. I was surprised to see it was a new message from Moose.

“Hey, how’s your week going?”

Moose had texted me the night I got back to California asking me how my flight was and now, a few days later, he was reaching out again. He wasn’t being flirty, though, and I did actually feel like he was trying to be a close friend.

“Is it Friday yet?” I asked before adding another message. “Haha, it’s okay. Work’s been tough but whatever. How about yours?”

Moose started talking to me about a new project he was working on. We chatted back and forth for a little while as I simultaneously flirted via text with Tom. Maybe things would work out this way. Maybe Moose and I could be really great friends and things with Tom could develop into something real. If only my work life could be going this well.

After my trip home, I was putting in at least 10 hours at work a day. I had to work on contacting new clients, creating new marketing proposals based on market research, and collecting more data from all of our customers for various reports that my Larson requested even though he basically ignored anything I ever gave him. So many people had been laid off that I felt like I was doing the work of five different departments.

The only positive was that Pete was by my side. We’d be two of the few people left in the office and he always came up with the best places to order dinner from. I don’t know where he found these places, but I made a mental note to expand my horizons from my usual spots.

“How’d you find this place?” I asked as I finished a bite of my thin crust pizza slice and closed my eyes as if that helped me savor it anymore.

“It was easy,” Pete began as he ripped off a piece of bread and popped it in his mouth. “I leave my apartment.”

I rolled my eyes as I took another delicious bite. Once I was done chewing, I replied, “As a matter of fact, I’m checking out a new restaurant tonight.”

“Oh, with that new guy?” Pete asked as he wiped his hands and began moving his computer mouse around.

“Yeah, Tom,” I responded. It really irritated me that Pete wouldn’t call him by his name. It was as if he didn’t think Tom was worth remembering.

“You doing anything else?” Pete asked before looking toward me and raising his eyebrows.

I shrugged and began to feel myself turning red. “Maybe,” I replied as I opened my laptop to get back to work. “Hey, can you send me that spreadsheet?”

“Nice transition,” Pete replied with a laugh.

After a long week, I did want to ‘do something else’ with Tom and I felt like it was time. Tom and I had been seeing each other for over a month and besides my minor confusion over Moose, things had been going extremely well. So, I put on my cutest bra and panty set that night as I got dressed to meet Tom at the restaurant.

Dinner was nice. Our conversation flowed well and before I knew it, he was asking me if I wanted to come over.

“Well, it is kind of late,” I began as I saw a look of disappointment form on his face. “So, only if I can stay the night.”

His expression immediately changed. “Oh, well, yes!”

I laughed as I leaned up and kissed him. The restaurant was close to his apartment, but Tom quickly took out his phone and ordered us a ride.

Once we walked through the door, Tom turned to me and asked if I wanted a glass of wine. “Sure,” I responded with a smile as I put my bag down. Tom walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.

As he poured the bottle, he asked, “Do you want to know a secret?”

I bit my bottom lip. Uh, oh. Was he about to tell me something weird? “Um, sure,” I replied with some reluctance.

Tom paused for a second as my suspense built. “Remember how you ordered Sauvignon Blanc on our first date?”

I cocked my head to the left as I thought. “Um, I guess.”

Tom laughed. “Well, the next day, I went out and bought this bottle of wine. I wanted to have it here even though I didn’t know when I was going to see you again. I knew I wanted to keep you around.”

I didn’t even take a sip of my wine before I pulled his face close to me and began kissing him. He slowly put the wine bottle and his glass down on an end table as he maintained our kiss. I put mine down, as well, before gripping his shirt and stepping backwards towards his bedroom.

We didn’t even speak as we made our way onto the bed. Tom was on top of me, slowly making his way down to the hem of my dress before shimmying it up my body and over my head. I followed suit and began unbuttoning his shirt. I had never seen Tom without a shirt and boy, he did not disappoint. He had really muscular arms and nicely toned abs. I had to hit the gym the next day. He kissed down my neck and made his way towards my breasts.

We continued playing around for a while before finally having sex. I let out a soft moan as I felt him fill me.

“I’m so happy you came over tonight, baby,” Tom softly whispered in my ear.

At that moment, I could not agree with Tom more.

8 comments: