Friday, December 12, 2014

Birthday: Part One

The rain taunted me as I straightened my hair Tuesday morning. If this was any indication for what 24 was going to be like, I'd like to just skip ahead to 25.

But hey, I had a great weekend so I didn't really feel like I was entitled to phenomenal weather on my actual birthday. I finished getting ready and headed off to work. I went to class straight after and finished the day with a quick dinner with my family, followed by cake and presents. My parents got me a new watch, which I'm in love with (but can't wear until I get two links taken out) and my siblings got me some clothes.

This past weekend, I got dinner with Scott on Friday. It was now our official one week anniversary (don't worry, I didn't mention that). He was taking me to this romantic, French restaurant right by my house. I told my mom he was picking me up at 7:30 and even though she insisted he come inside to meet her and my dad, I brushed it off and told her they'd probably meet him around the holidays. Maybe.

Things with Scott really didn't feel different, except now my irrational thoughts were minimized. I realized that Scott just wasn't super affectionate. He was soft spoken and while he reached over the table to hold my hands as we waited for our entrees, he wasn't that outspoken about his feelings. Regardless, I was super excited that we were now officially a couple.

Of course, being officially a couple comes with officially getting an awesome birthday gift. I wonder if Scott would've gotten me something if we didn't have the talk a week before. Anyway, after we split the most delicious chocolate cake for dessert, he slid a pink envelope across the table at me.

"Happy Birthday," he said with a smile, his hazel eyes seemed to be sparkling. I couldn't control my facial muscles as I felt myself smiling like an idiot. I told myself to act cool, but it wasn't working.

As I opened the envelope, there was a guinea pig on the front of the card with a birthday hat. It was cute but I couldn't help but feel a little insulted at the chunky animal. On the inside it read, "Don't worry about eating too much cake on your birthday!" See? So not mushy or romantic. However, the paper inside the card really caught my eye.

"Atlantic City?" I exclaimed as I looked at the printed reservation in front of me.

"Yeah, in January," he said putting his hand on mine. "I told you I wanted to go with you! If January doesn't work, we can always change it. I just have to know a few days ahead of time."

I leaned over the table and kissed him. I had been to Atlantic City a few times with my friends, but I never went alone with a boyfriend.

Scott had a family thing early the next morning, so after dinner he dropped me off and I watched some television before going to sleep. The week before at his house, we had just made out a little during the movie and while I was happy stopping there, I was now growing antsy. I've wanted to jump Scott's bones for a while now and I was wondering at this point if I should make the first move. Hasn't he ever heard of birthday sex?

The next night, I planned on meeting a bunch of my friends, along with Scott and some of his friends, in New York City. I had sent out a mass text earlier in the week. I was surprised at the first person to answer back. Moose.

"I'll be there! Long time no see!"

It was true. I hadn't seen Moose in a while. When he texted me, I actually realized that the last time I saw him was in October. I wondered if Moose even knew about Scott. Sometimes the word gets around in our group, but I hadn't heard much from the guys. I didn't want things to be weird between us.

Darlene, Anna, and Jessica met at my house on Saturday at around 7. The plan was to pregame for a bit before taking a train around 8.

"Are Scott and Martin coming?" Jessica asked.

"Yup!" I answered. "They'll meet us on the train, but they're getting on at a different spot." Anna nodded since I guess Martin had told her the same thing Scott told me.

I opened up a bottle of wine and began pouring four glasses when Anna interrupted me. "I'm not drinking. I'll drive us to the train station. I'm still not feeling one hundred percent."

While my initial instinct was to be annoyed, I couldn't blame Anna for being cautious after she was sick for a few days. By the time we piled into Anna's car, I was feeling a little more than buzzed. Darlene was probably the drunkest, though. I knew she shouldn't have drank that third glass of wine so fast.

Anna parked the car, we bought our tickets, and then ran up to the platform. I could spot Moose from about a hundred feet away. He was with two of our other guy friends and they were all holding brown paper bags.

"Hey!" I greeted them with a smile even though I was shivering down to my core. I really hate the cold.

"What's up, oldie?" Moose asked as he pulled me into a hug. I'm sure being the oldest of my friends is going to start getting old real soon.

When the train arrived, we found a group of seats and continued having a loud conversation. I was nervous for Scott and Martin to get on the train. I didn't want Moose to be caught off guard.

However, I was the one caught off guard. At the next stop, Moose got up and greeted a tall, brunette girl with a kiss.

16 comments:

  1. Ohhhh can't wait for the next post!!! I'm thinking Anna is totally pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the ex not her bf when they went to AC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! Sorry, I added the word "alone," because Caroline's thinking this is more of a romantic getaway. (Even though AC is not romantic, ha!)

      Thanks for catching that!

      Delete
  3. Nice birthday present from Scott, but I hope his lack of physical affection doesn't wind up bothering Caro. I can't wait to read about their trip to AC!

    http://sluttyisthenewblack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, we'll have to see if he opens up more :)

      Delete
  4. the card.. seriously. it's a guy thing. I swear. My ex was not affectionate either, and those were the kind of cards I'd get.. he got better as time went on, because he started to follow suit with what I'd do for him and stuff.

    Yay!!! Moose got a girl. That should make Caroline happy, since he's never really with anyone, and she didn't want to date him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah guys can be tough to crack sometimes!

      And yes, we'll find out more about this girl next post :)

      Delete
  5. Anna's pregnant. It's the obvious signs. Unless you want to be evil and throw a curve, likes its a horrible illness.
    Sounds like Caroline had a decent birthday. Its my 24th today and my husband and I are driving 18 hours to our new house. Not nearly as fun as dinner and birthday weekends. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday to a fellow Sagittarius! We'll see about Anna :-p

      Delete
  6. Caroline just needs to seduce him. I bet he's amazing in bed. the quiet ones usually are ;-)

    ReplyDelete